14 May 2013

Be a Star!



I have a product that deserves some bragging rights and I have been using this product for nearly a month and a half. It was my travel buddy when I moved from California to the East Coast and it was the only thing I used because I actually packed away all my makeup in a box. Surprisingly this 3 High Pigment Matte Shadows and 2 Gel Glitter palette was the only thing that was laying around along with my mail and luckily I have a mother who packs tons of makeup in her purse. To be honest It took quite sometime to post a review for this companies product because I've been in a rut of extremely horrible pregnancy headaches. So without further adieu my rave and not so good rave about this company called Ba Star.


The Great:
  • I received the natural shadow palette. This product is compact and nearly weightless.
  • Great product to use if your eyelid primer is nowhere to be found. It sticks just fine without it. I actually tried using the clear glitter as primer because once again my makeup was all packed away and I had to improvise and to my amazement the color was more intense.Of course, expect creasing.
  • One stroke is pact with tons of product. A tap of a finger and it sticks like a magnet! This is important because if you have ever tried E.L.F ultimate eye shadow palette (aghcomplete disappointment) you would understand that you would need to apply it on your eyelid three to four times to achieve the desired color intensity even with primer. Literally, one swipe of a brush is pact with color, thanks Ba Star. You did good here.
  • This product is most desirable for performers, cheerleaders I believe. I checked your website out to do more research and before I did I knew that this palette was geared towards these types of customers. Amazingly, I would use this at a evening and night outing. 
Not So Great:
  • Oh I really hate your travel brush that came with the palette. The brush was coarse and rough. Almost like it was thick bunched up nylon string, even my eye sponge applicator broke off easily. Very disappointed because I didn't bring my brushes with me during travel and to be a great product only to be paired with this very ugly unusable brush makes me sad.
  • Not very happy with the glitter portion of the palette. Sticky like all eye glitter products and extremely messy. My preference when it comes to sticky things makes me completely steer clear from it. I mean common sticky eyelids. I know this is a personal preference but still the glitter portion needs a little more careful ingredient planning. I applied the clear glitter and it took me a few seconds to notice there is nothing glittery on my eyelid. I wont even begin with the gold portion, but I must. Very patchy, glitter here glitter there and no glitter on this part of my eyelid so I would have to apply more. However, for some odd reason I had glitter on my cheeks as if there was fallout. 
Product Ingredients:
Now I post these things because as a consumer I would like to know what concoction is on my face. Some people tend to be allergic to somethings and there are others who want to avoid products like Talc. 
Talc, Mica, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide Dimethicone, Propylparagen, Metylparaben. May Contain
Ethylhexyl Palmate, Cera Microcristallina, Hydroxystearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, May Contain Polyethylene Erephthalate Acrylates Coploymerm CI 7742, CI 7707,CI 7749,CI42090, CI45410,CI77491,CI4492,CI19140. Gels: Polybutene

The Run Down:
I give this product  
(3 out of 5)

Very affordable!
To get this awesome product 
my readers get a

50% Discount!
True Value: $8.75
Discounted price: $4.37


Click right here Ba Star and enter the code BBSMOKY at checkout.
Available in 4 color combinations:
Smoky, Natural, Pretty N Pink, True Blue



Disclaimer: I was given this product to review from Ba Star to help create company awareness. 

2 comments:

stephanie said...

great review girl.... I might try it not bad for the price and emergencies

stephanie said...

great review girl.... I might try it not bad for the price and emergencies

Disqus for oronvelo